On view Sunday, June 3rd from 12pm-5pm
Spirit of the City
Brooklyn—Spirit of the City is a site-specific installation created in collaboration with London-based United Visual Artists. It is composed of 16, nine-foot revolving columns that are poetically linked to the activity of New York City.
The rotation of the columns varies in pace and pattern throughout the day – a metaphor for the peaks and valleys of activity in the city. Spirit of the City explores the physical and emotional response people experience with navigating urban environments. Viewers are invited to walk through the installation.
A/D/O is a GOS Sponsor and Info Hub
Please note that A/D/O will be closed Saturday, June 2nd for a private event.
- SPIRIT OF THE CITY art installation
- A/D/O (29 Norman Ave)
- On view this weekend in the A/D/O courtyard as part of Greenpoint Open Studios
GOS 2018 Info Hubs:
- A/D/O (29 Norman Ave) (closed on Saturday 6/2 for a private event)
- Artist & Craftsman Supply (761 Metropolitan Ave)
- Brooklyn Art Library (28 Frost St)
- CutLoose (117 Dobbin St)
- Java Studios (252 Java St)
- Kinfolk 90 (90 Wythe Ave)
- The Lot Radio (17 Nassau Ave)
- Magick City (37 Box Street)